It Isn't Always Easy Being A Season Ticket Holder...

I won't lie.  I screen calls.  If I don't know the number, 9 times out of 10 I won't answer.  However, sometimes this decision likes to screw with me immensely.  On July 2nd, 2010, I was busily preparing for a 4th of July weekend on the lake!  The 4th fell on the following Monday so I shut down my day job of pushing drugs early to pack up & beat the traffic.  Just before lunch, my phone rang....  It was a number I didn't recognize & I was too busy picking out which bathing suits & outfits to pack for a weekend at Lay Lake.  As I was deciding which suits to sport for the momentous occasion, the number kept nagging at me.  I knew the prefix.  348... 348...  HOLY SHIT! That's the University number!  Keep in mind, this is long before my sister brought a coach into the family so I was cautiously optimistic that my 4 year wait had finally paid off because at the time who the heck else would call me from The Capstone?  At 1:30 I called them back after checking voicemail confirming who it was....

No answer.

Dang it!  With each swimsuit & pair of shorts I threw into my suitcase, I continued to hit redial.  I finally realized that it wasn't just us drug reps shutting down business early that day.  I would have to wait until the following Tuesday to find out if I had finally gotten season tickets.

I did.

Beginning at 8 am that next Tuesday, I began calling the Tide Pride office with the focus of a stalker.  All weekend I had pondered....  I mean, I must have gotten them because why would they call?  But I kept trying to not get too excited because I was trying to cushion the rejection had I been wrong.  I can't lie.... The anticipation had been killing me!!!!  When the girl finally answered, she looked up my name & told me the options I had.  Out of nowhere, I told her I loved her which gave the entire call a really uncomfortable vibe.  Back to the options... Shit!  This is a major life decision & I have to make it while I'm on the phone with a dang college kid coupled with the fact that I had an award winning hangover (It was a really fun weekend at the lake, btw).

I finally decided on the lower level because the upper deck isn't conducive to my pregaming.  And it was a choice I grew to love for once.  But every year since then, season ticket delivery has turned into an adventure!  By the time I get the email from the university that season tickets are on the way, I'm jonesing for some football in my life so bad!  This is probably why it's become a major life event for me.  Just having my tickets makes it real that my favorite time of year is right around the corner!!!
A Momentous Occasion!
So after the panic attack of 2010, I lucked out and was home for 2011.  Little did I know it would be my only year that didn't cause heart palpitations...  In 2012, I was just blessed because a HUGE Bammer was my UPS dude that day & when he left the sticky that I had missed my tickets, he also left his phone number.  My sweaty, stinky, just left the gym self got home & immediately jumped in my car to find this awesome UPS Bammer!  I had my tickets!

In 2013, my equally as cool UPS dude must've had limited minutes.  I didn't get my tickets that day.  However, when I picked them up the next morning I bragged that he was awesome because this is my sticky from that day.




I thought I'd be suave this year & enroll in UPS's MyChoice program.  I was out of town for work all day & when I got home, I was super excited to see that I hadn't missed my tickets!  The wait began.  Lex dog began to pace looking at me with the confusion of a pup with a bladder that might explode any second.  Big decision here.  Finally, I resorted to what any dog-owning Bama season ticket holder who had been out of town all day would do.  I wrote my UPS guy a note...



It's 8:35.  I've checked my porch no less than 35 times.  No stickies, no packages, no screams from beyond my fence.  I'm in full panic mode now because there's just something about getting my season tickets that makes it real....

I'm sure I'll find them tomorrow but tonight has been stressful!  And yes...  I fully accept you cursing me writing a blog post about the trials and tribulations of a season ticket holder!  But hey!  It's stressful, y'all!

Update:  It's 9:01.  I overreacted.



See y'all at Bryant Denny!!!  Going to tuck my tickets into bed now, y'all!!!  And a big shout-out to @BamaChild28 of @TheHoundztooth for helping me not go completely postal!!! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Recruitment of Elisha Shaw

Iron Bowl Problems

Rammer Jammer~A Video Diary