Rammer Jammer~A Video Diary


Have you ever been around that snotty nosed kid that won't accept not getting their way?  You know the one I'm talking about.  The little brat that puts his fingers in his ears while screaming, "I CAN'T HEAR YOU! I CAN'T HEAR YOU!".  Imagine about 200 of those little assholes in head to toe orange and blue.  But instead of the 'I can't hear you' mantra, they manage to come up with something even more annoying.  The auburn fight song.

Yep.  This happened Saturday night, y'all.  I have clocked 5 years experience sitting next to the visiting band.  It isn't always easy but I really do love my section.  Plus, sometimes you get to score awesome pictures like this:
Ironically, with 00:01 left on the clock, about 100,000 of my closest friends and I celebrated a much deserved win over our in-state rival.  Kids, I'm telling ya....  After suffering thru 2010 & 2013, the look of relief on my face would be virtually impossible to duplicate!  Thank the Good Lord I had enough mental facilities in tact to capture it on this selfie video:



But when I think they cannot disappoint me more, auburn decides to go all auburn.  In my 5 years of being next to the visitors' section, I'd never witnessed what I did Saturday.  Typically the opposing team's band plays their fight song once, wipes their tears & takes what is inevitably coming to them like big boys & girls should. But not this bunch.

Let me preface by saying that auburn loves singing their reverse version of Rammer Jammer.  They love it so much, they even sung it earlier this very basketball season to a team not named Alabama.  So when it was time to sing Rammer Jammer in Bryant Denny Stadium Saturday, auburn's band decided to play their fight song.

Not once.

Not twice.

But three times.



Just like the little brat blowing snot bubbles and screaming, "I CAN'T HEAR YOU", I suppose auburn thought that by playing their fight song enough they could change the outcome.  Hey auburn!  We still beat the hell out of you!  You could've played that fight song until Sunday and the score would have still put us in the ATL next Saturday while you're paying yet another coach not to show up for work this morning.


I guess you are probably asking what in the world does one do in that situation?  I clearly didn't put the drum major's head thru a bass drum because I really wanted to make it thru the weekend arrest free.  Instead, I did what champions do.  I just got louder....



Saban once said, "Eliminate the clutter and all the things that are going on outside and focus on the things that you can control & how you go about & take care of your business".

After we beat auburn Saturday night in Bryant Denny Stadium, that's exactly what I did....






ROLL TIDE, Y'ALL!  Go to hell, auburn!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Recruitment of Elisha Shaw

Iron Bowl Problems