Chaotic Climax- Week 1

Week 1 of the college football season is in the books & it was pretty intense, y'all!  Yesterday reminded us that the level of success we've become accustomed to isn't as easy to maintain as us Bammers like to think.  I got scared early and often.  But while all you kids play armchair quarterback & dissect every play, I thought I'd lighten the mood and give you my Chaotic Climaxes of the weekend.

THE REDEMPTION:
Who can forget Adam Griffith's missed field goal to close the regular season last year? If you watch ESPN, The SEC Network, listen to JOX, or use any form of social media, you're reminded many more times than you'd ever care to be.  So when he went 4 for 4 last night, I was like, "heck yeah!".  I feel like it's a major victory anytime I don't fall down the stairs in the stadium, so thinking about the intense pressure that kid has makes me agoraphobic.  The future is bright for Adam & us Bammers deserve a good kicking game for a change!

WHITE MEN CAN'T JUMP:
While you were celebrating a TJ Yeldon touchdown, you might have missed how white Brian Vogler is.  Like the rest of us, he wanted to celebrate his teammate's TD....  But he went into straight derp mode instead.  Don't feel bad Vogler, I was in derp mode most of the night so FISTBUMP!

YOU GOT KNOCKED DA F--- OUT:
We've known from day 1 that we had something special when we lured Landon Collins away from his home state school of LSU.  After watching that play, I feel confident in 2 things.  His mother has burned that horrid purple & gold outfit she sported when she tried to steal her son's special moment and Jordan Thompson is pretty sore today!

FIRST DOWN, CHRIS BLACK!
I'm a HUGE Chris Black fan!  He's been doing all the right things & I keep waiting for his breakout moment.  So watching him make a crucial first down last night was the biggest tease!  We need more Chris Black in our lives!

MAKE A MAN MISS!
DeAndrew White suffered a shoulder injury last night... But not before he made the Mountaineer defense look like their soles were coated in butter.  Slip sliding away, y'all!

The Yeldon-Henry duo, Lane Kiffin's performance, & our fearless leader Nick Saban didn't disappoint either.  Did I get nervous yesterday?  Absolutely!  But that's why the game is played!


Comments

  1. More worried about our "D" than I am Sims. We will see how good or bad they are against aTm.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Recruitment of Elisha Shaw

Iron Bowl Problems

Rammer Jammer~A Video Diary