Guess What Sunday Is????


Yep!  It's that time of year again...  This Sunday will be The University of Alabama's annual Fan Day.  Gumps far and wide will flock to Bryant Denny Stadium to watch an open practice from 2:30-4:30.  But let's not kid ourselves...  These people, dressed in their favorite Wal-Mart jerseys, are there to get a chance to meet the man himself.  After practice, Coach Nick Saban, along with his staff & players, will be available for 45 minutes to sign autographs for Bama's finest.  RMFT, y'all!!!

Whether it's a mother handing over her infant for Nick Saban to sign or a few 350 pound armchair quarterbacks recording their best 40 time in years, The Running Of The Gumps never fails to disappoint.  It could be 140 degrees on a miserable August day in
Alabama, but I can personally guarantee at least 500 sweaty Bammers will be waiting hours before the gates open to get a glimpse of greatness.  Don't get me wrong...  I love that our football program does this!  I can't think of a better way to be the dad of the century than to take your kid to see a scrimmage & meet the best coach in college football.  I get that.  But a damn grown man has no business acting like a 13 year old girl waiting to meet Justin Bieber.

I hope my fellow Bammers have a fabulous time this Sunday watching our team begin the Road to 16.  But please don't make us a national headline.  My mama always said to never do anything that you wouldn't want as a headline in the newspaper next week.  Bammers everywhere need to listen to my mama this week!!!
P.S.  Anyone who can score a picture of Layla gets bonus Bammer points because I've yet to see her in the 35401...


Roll Tide, y'all!!!  Roll Gumps!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Recruitment of Elisha Shaw

Iron Bowl Problems

Rammer Jammer~A Video Diary