A Message To All The Dead Beat Dads....


So many of us have been cursed with dead beat dads.  Have you ever wondered what they think of on Father's Day?  I know the easy answer is that POS fathers don't think about things like that.  But I tend to disagree.  I wonder if they think of the effect they had on the children they left behind.  I wonder if Father's Day is a day of misery for men who can't handle their responsibilities...

I have had a dog for the past 14 years.  I love that crazy animal so much.  I spoil her rotten & I always put her at the front of my mind when making plans.  I can't leave Lex dog alone too long & I have to make time to walk her!  I forgot to fill her water bowl the other day & felt like a complete loser at life for hours.  She was thirsty!  How could I forget one of the easiest tasks I have in being mommy to a furbaby?

So I can't help but wonder what men who walk away from their children feel today?  Do they feel shame?  Do they feel remorse?  I beat myself up for an entire day for forgetting Lexdog's water.  I cannot imagine walking away from a child. Just be a man.  If you are old enough to procreate, then stick to your responsibilities.

Happy Father's Day to all the men who do the right thing!  My father is AWESOME! Don is always there for me....  That's the funny thing about step-parents.  The ones who love you are the best because they didn't have to.  My sweet dad paid for my hospital bills when I annihilated my leg.  He bought me my car.  He paid for me to go to the University Of Alabama.  Most importantly, I could call him any time of the day or night and he's there. 

I have an awesome dad.  We don't share blood lines but we share our lives.  Most importantly, I'm so lucky a man stepped up to the responsibilities that just another dead beat dad couldn't do.  Men, take care of your children.

I SURE DO LOVE YOU, DON!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Recruitment of Elisha Shaw

Iron Bowl Problems

Rammer Jammer~A Video Diary