Can I Get A Roll Tide???

On a really cold February afternoon in 2009, I sat in the parking deck of DCH Hospital in Tuscaloosa.  I was there to call on Coach Paul Bear Bryant's Cardiologist.  But Trent Richardson was scheduled to announce & sign with Bama at 4 pm.  Dr. Hill could wait.  Thank goodness he did.  I was reminded of that day while watching Bama take on Western Carolina just now.  So many times I have asked myself, "Crimson Chaos, why do you let the decisions of 18 year old kids you don't even know distract you so much?".

Thank you Tyren Jones, Altee Tenpenny, Chris Black, Robert Foster, ArDarius Stewart, the list goes on.... For reminding me!!!  Dear Lowered, this team is deeper than a Blue Tuna Tiger blog post in 2010.  Lucky for us Bammers, the only difference is this is real life!  How can a card carrying Bammer not love Chris Black?  This kid has worked his butt off & done everything the right way!!!  His intensity & drive to be a part of a winning program is just contagious.  And what about Tyren Jones?  How many defenders will have nightmares after trying to defend that madman?  That kid runs like he's trying to kill somebody!!!

I've fallen head over heels in love with this team for so many reasons!  Granted, they tend to scare the hell out of me more than I care to admit, but they just have that 'it' factor.  And before you chicken littles remind me of the start against a team who was shut out by Chattanooga by 51 points, I have a few points you may not have considered......

I.  Injuries
What the ever loving hell???  We had key players dropping like flies tonight!!!  It's very worrisome.  However, after talking with a few folks better versed in strength & conditioning than me, I feel somewhat better.  Coming off what is always our most physical game of the year in LSU on the road coupled with hosting the #1 ranked Mississippi State will get you beat worse than a white dude in Ferguson, MO.  Furthermore, the war eagles are dealing with the same circumstance so don't expect them to come into Bryant Denny bright eyed and bushy tailed....

II. ESPN Gameday Was Wrong Today
The ESPN Gameday show threw a few punches at the SEC today due to what has become the annual weekend of shitty football.  Look, I got no problem with a couple of cupcakes on the schedule.  As a matter of fact, I think it's complete bullshit to argue against it when you're using the SEC West as your example.  ESPECIALLY this year.  At least we can usually count on at least 1 Mississippi school & Arky to suck.  But not this year.  These kids are beating the hell out of each other & need some breathers.  Furthermore, as tonight's matchup proves, never count out an FCS school.  Just ask Appalachian State & La Monroe.

III.  Cancel The Check
With the controversy surrounding playing FCS teams, maybe said teams might need to realize the state of their athletic programs if we weren't cutting some really fat checks to your schools.  I assure you, our athletic department didn't make this date & cut a half a million freaking dollar check if they knew what a dirty bunch of shits the catamounts really are.  Chop blocks & just straight up aiming for the knee solo was a major theme of this game.  I hope DivI programs all take note of the dirty play that occurred today and hit this thug team straight up in the pocketbook.

IV.  Don't Call Us Racist
I'm a committed sports talk radio listener.  And I've heard all the disgruntled callers call our program racist for years!!!  Sometimes I even wondered if we were a little racist.  But when that white guy scored a touchdown tonight I knew that was bull!!!  You don't have to be black to score for Alabama, y'all!!!!

V.  History
For those of you that have lost confidence in the ass whooping we will lay on auburn next week;  In 2011, Georgia Southern came into our house and laid 21 points on us.  The final score was 45-21.  The next week we rung the barn's bell with a score of 42-14.  We went on to embarrass the crap out of LSU in a revenge game that earned us yet another National Championship.

Today stressed me out.  The injuries don't give me a peaceful easy feeling.  But this is what this team does.  They fight.  They win.  And I cannot wait to be in Bryant Denny Stadium next Saturday with my mother singing Rammer Jammer.  I witnessed the 2010 Iron Bowl.  I witnessed the 2013 Iron Bowl. 

When Bama kicks the shit out of auburn Saturday night, I may go streaking... Out of the stadium, thru the quad, and back to the gymnasium.  Bail money may be appreciated.

P.S.
Today is National Suicide Survivor Day. I lost my friend last year.  I was mad at him when he died.  Talk to your loved ones about suicide.  Tell people you love them every. single. day. 

P.S.S.  I decided not to fuss about the numerous bad calls against this team because I've heard Stan White.  And I don't like it when anyone blesses my heart.



 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Recruitment of Elisha Shaw

Iron Bowl Problems

Rammer Jammer~A Video Diary