What Quarterback Controversy? Blake Sims, Y'all!!!






Coach Nick Saban made it clear after today's thrashing of FAU he didn't give a single f#@* what fans think about the quarterback competition going on in T-town.  I'm okay with that because if I had the knowledge it takes to be a 4 time National Championship Coach, I sure as heck wouldn't be pushing drugs for my day job.  With that being said, it doesn't mean I can't have an opinion.

I admit it.  In the pre-season, I bought into the Coker hype. Hook. Line. Sinker.  But the more I learn about Blake Sims, the more I fall in love with him.  This year's spring game coupled with mop up duty on numerous stat games thru the years didn't give me any reason to believe in the eternal back-up quarterback.  But after today's game, I got to thinking...  Can someone explain to me when and why 'game manager' became a dirty word?  There's something to be said for being a leader & if memory serves me correctly, those same leadership skills served John Parker Wilson & Greg McElroy quite well.

After last week's game, Sims said, "See a little, see a lot.  See a lot, see nothing".  Fellow Kevin Elko fans will recognize that quote.  There's a lot to be said for spending 4 years in Saban's system.  Saban realized long ago that it takes more than physical skill to be a champion.  And Blake Sims has been his student since 2010.

Do I think that bubble screens will work when this team gets into SEC play? Nope.  But Sims has taken what the defense has given him.  And when it was time to give Jacob Coker a chance, it was Sims there by his side building his confidence & calming him down.  After today's game, Sims said, "He has strengths where my weakness is and I have strengths where his weakness is. We're a team".

Blake Sims is showing leadership that was lacking last season.  He's put in the work and he loves The Crimson Tide.  We're 2-0 with him under center.  I'll be honest with y'all.  I won't complain about whoever ultimately leads this team on the road to 16.  But I sure have become a Blake Sims fan, y'all!

How can you not love the dude who told LSU to suck this?


P.S.  How bout Chris Black, y'all!!!

Roll Blake!  Roll Jake! But most of all, Roll Tide!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Recruitment of Elisha Shaw

Iron Bowl Problems

Rammer Jammer~A Video Diary