Confession: I'm A Huge Les Miles Fan

How can you not love a man who has some of the most epic quotes since Yogi Berra.  Some of his quotes are so mind-blowingly hilarious, websites & twitter accounts have been created just to honor them.  Here's some of my absolute favorites:

"When I wake up in the morning and I turn that film on, it's like reading a book and it's exciting! I don't read books, but if I did read books it would be like reading a book".

"Just want to remind everyone it's Columbus Day.  All those of you that know Italians, & like Italians, or the people that might venture onto a ship and travel, to explore and find new lands, this is your day.  So it's not St. Paddy's Day.  That's a different day entirely".

I really can't understand most anything he tries to say but I try to never miss it when he does.  When rumors swirled that he was headed to Michigan, I straight up panicked.  No.... Not because he's another notch in Saban's bedpost (that's just a bonus).  I never want The Mad Hatter to leave because he's awesome!  And the way he bucks the system & doesn't give us the boring coach speak we've become accustomed to is just refreshing.  I know.  As a card carrying Bammer, I'm supposed to hate him.  But if you hate Les Miles, you are either a miserable person or an LSU fan (depending on the day). 

So if you've been under a rock for the past 10 years, here's 4 reasons why Les Miles is simply TOO FULL OF AWESOME:

1.  THOSE DANCE MOVES, Y'ALL!
Okay, The Harlem Shake has been played out FOR-E-VVA! But at the height of it's popularity, Les made a video of himself with the team shake, shake, shaking it.  And It. Was. Awesome.

2.  HIS DRIVING IS WORSE THAN YOURS
In the week building up to his LSU team playing The Crimson Tide, ESPN traveled to Baton Rouge to interview the crazy coach.  While riding shotgun, reporter Kaylee Hartung was busy interviewing him when he ran a red light.  If that wasn't hilarious enough, the dude proved he gives not a single shit by not seeming concerned a bit about the traffic violation.




3.  HE EATS GRASS!!!
Yep.  Like a goat, he likes to sample the grass in all the NCAA stadiums where his team plays.  It's his gameday tradition.  And you felt weird for those nasty houndstooth boxers?  And FYI, he likes the grass at Tiger Stadium the best.  I'm guessing it's all the coonass urine...

4.  HE HULA HOOPS... NOT GOOD BUT STILL!!!
And the latest & greatest in all things Les Miles, while attending a charity event he actually attempted to hula hoop.  And he was horrible at it!


So take my Bammer card back if you must...  But The Mad Hatter is AWESOME!!! 

ROLL TIDE!!!  ROLL LES MILES!!!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Recruitment of Elisha Shaw

Iron Bowl Problems

Rammer Jammer~A Video Diary