I Broke Up With Bama Hoops Today...

After spending the better part of the day kicking puppies & punching walls, I finally pulled myself together.  After reading University of Alabama Athletic Director Bill Battle's blog, The Battle Plan (I've since renamed it The Fail Plan), I was admittedly EXTREMELY upset.  But several expletives & a possible broken hand later, I had a moment of clarity.  Why should I care?  Why should I invest my emotions, my time, & my money into something that the people running it clearly don't give a single shit about?  The bulldozer of bullshit Bill Battle dumped in my inbox today was a slap in the face to anyone who is truly a fan of Alabama Basketball.

Battle stated, "The power of the NCAA Tournament appears to have diminished interest in the regular season".  Ummm. I am fairly certain losing had more to do with lack of interest this year.  He went on to discuss the 'One & Done" rule & its detrimental effect on college basketball.  Hey Coach Battle! That's referring to players going pro, not transferring or just flat out quitting the team.  He even had the audacity to ask us to to show our support to aid in it's success.  We could pack out Coleman Coliseum sporting fat heads Jack Blankenship style and this team would still suck.  Grant is not the answer.  He just doesn't fit.  It's that simple.

I took some time to pull together some stats covering Grant's tenure & I gotta admit, it even shocked me.
  • Out of 351 Division I schools, The University of Alabama Basketball program is the only program not to have won a single away/neutral site game this season.
  • The last time this program went winless on the road, my mother was 2 years old (1960). 
  • In 5 years, Anthony Grant has accumulated ZERO NCAA Tournament wins and only 1 appearance.
  • Player attrition is mind boggling. An unheard of 9 players have either quit or transferred under Grant's watch.
I'm a big supporter of UA Athletics.  I'm sitting here watching Bama Baseball play right now (they're winning!).  But I refuse to invest my time, emotions, & money into such a bad product.  So I'll start being a Bama Hoops fan again when this University shows me it's invested in providing a quality product.  There's no excuse for Grant keeping his job today.  It's absolutely heartbreaking to watch Coleman Coliseum being transformed into Coleman Mausoleum.

Bill Battle was given an opportunity to leave a great legacy today. Instead, he took the coward's way out.  There is nothing, NOT 1 SINGLE THING, that he can legitimately point to in justifying not firing Grant.  Maybe Coach Battle should've stuck to licensing logos....

Anyone got Ozzie's number????

Thanks for stopping by, y'all!!! Roll Tide!!! Roll Bama Baseball!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Recruitment of Elisha Shaw

Iron Bowl Problems

Rammer Jammer~A Video Diary