6 Reasons To Pull For The Seahawks Tomorrow

On the eve of Super Bowl XLVIII, time is running out for those who are still deciding which team to pull for.  Since I am just a casual NFL fan, I typically choose which team has my allegiance by the amount of Alabama players on the roster.  Since that isn't an option this year, I had to get creative.  In case there are any other Bammers out there in a similar predicament, here are the 6 reasons why I will be sporting green & blue tomorrow night:

1. Russell Wilson
In 2011, after months of flirting with auburn & getting the fambly all hot & bothered, he dumped them for Wisconsin.  How can you not love a guy who breaks auburn's heart?  Plus, have you ever seen Wilson's wife?  I seriously feel sorry for the dude.



2.  Richard Sherman
Not only was Sherman a Salutatorian in high school, he also has a degree from Stanford.  That pretty much makes him the opposite of a thug. More importantly, he authored the greatest quote ever to be uttered on ESPN when he told Skip Bayless, "I'm better at life than you".  If that isn't enough for him to win you over, he figured out how to shut up Erin Andrews during his infamous post-game interview after winning the NFC Championship.  That alone makes him my favorite player in the league.



3.  The Legion Of Boom
Seattle's secondary has the most badass nickname in the NFL.  Plus, Bama fans probably need a refresher course on what a dominant secondary actually looks like.



4.  Derrick Coleman
Seattle's fullback has the most inspiring story in the league because he is the only legally deaf player on an NFL roster.  In a game where audibles are so crucial, Coleman proves you don't have to be able to hear to listen.




5.  Peyton Manning
Before Manning was a Bronco, he wore a different shade of orange, one of the Tennessee Volunteer variety.  He is the single worst memory I have while attending The University of Alabama because he beat us like a step-child.  Among the list of records he holds is being the first UT player to ever beat Alabama 3 times.  In his final game against The Tide, he celebrated the win by climbing a ladder & leading the band as they played Rocky Top at Legion Field.  The moment I saw him do this, I promised I'd forever hate him.  I am good at keeping promises.



6.  Shaun Alexander
Before retiring in 2008, Shaun Alexander was a running back for the Seattle Seahawks. But around these parts, he's best known for playing for The Crimson Tide.  By the time Alexander was drafted, he held 15 records at Alabama.  But my favorite Alexander memory is his key role in Bama absolutely throttling Florida in the 1999 SEC Championship Game.





Thanks for stopping by, y'all!!!  Roll Tide!!! Roll Seahawks!!!


Helmet tap to Jason Smitherman for schooling me on dates... My memory isn't what it used to be.

Comments

  1. James Carpenter! Jesse Williams too, though he is on IR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!!! I almost went back & added them. Love The Monsta!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for publishing this. Actually, all I needed was Peyton Manning. My Manning cup runneth over a long time ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greg, thanks for reading. I agree with you. He caused me much misery in college & I'd love for the Legion Of Boom to return the favor for me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Recruitment of Elisha Shaw

Iron Bowl Problems

Rammer Jammer~A Video Diary