Tom Al-Betar; Wolf In Crimson Clothing?

Yet again...  The University of Alabama Football Program is under attack by various news outlets because of the booster we all love to hate, T-Town Menswear owner, Tom Al-Betar.  Of course, this isn't the first time Al-Betar has been a thorn in the side of the Crimson Tide Nation.  On March 31st, 2011, the University sent a dissociation letter to him due to concerns with the "display of memorabilia indicating a relationship with several University of Alabama student-athletes."

WAIT... WHAT???

Rival fanbases (I'm looking at you, war eagles) have got to secretly have a major crush on this dude.  While they are busy with their diatribes about Bama's blatant disregard for NCAA rules & Bama fans are refuting them with some pretty weak excuses, the most important part of this ongoing saga is getting overlooked.  This dude is creepy as hell!!!



Seriously, what the heck is wrong with this dude?  If he truly loves this University & is a real fan of this football program, he would have sat his ass down a long time ago.  I fully believe that UA's compliance department has control of the situation  & there will be zero sanctions concerning this.  That being said, why put yourself in a position to bring so much negative publicity to a program you supposedly love so much?  Furthermore, Mr. Al-Betar, you are a GROWN ASS man!  Someone old enough to be a grandfather should not put such emphasis on photo ops with college football players.  Nobody outside of current college students should ever be such a blatant jock sniffer.

My little sister & her roommate, both Seniors at UA, are friends with several players on Bama's roster.  Because of this, I've gotten to spend a lot of time with various members of the team.  But I welcome anyone to search my facebook page & find 1 picture of me exploiting our team.  Furthermore, though I could have, I never asked a single player to ever sign anything.  And trust me...  As a season ticket holder, I could use the extra cash because this addiction is crazy expensive!  Yeah...  I could have been obnoxious & plastered pics on social media & I could've gotten a ton of autographs & probably banked big time.  But I am a booster for the University of Alabama.  I'd never even consider doing anything to harm my school or this football team because it means something to me.  A lot actually.

Al-Betar's ego & his business clearly mean much more to him than the school he claims to love so much.  So I hope our compliance department & our fans return the favor.  If a current player is photographed in his store, 2 game suspension.  But most importantly, as fans, we have the most control to stop this nonsense.  Trust me.  Quit giving Mr. Al-Betar your money & this problem disappears.  Not to mention, who the hell pays those jacked up prices for a college kid's autograph? His prices are ridiculous...



Thanks for stopping by, y'all!!!  Roll Tide!!!  Al-Betar, please go be an auburn fan....







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Recruitment of Elisha Shaw

Iron Bowl Problems

Rammer Jammer~A Video Diary