ALL ABOARD!!! Bama Punches Ticket For The Lane Train...

OMG!!! IT'S HAPPENING!!!

Yep.  It's official. Lane Kiffin is now The University of Alabama's offensive coordinator.  The latest in a string of 'You've got to be kidding me' moments in all things Kiffin, I am now fully convinced he & the lovely Layla have a secret unicorn farm, a ladybug garden, a wishing well, a pot of gold, & a dang army of leprechauns to guard it all.  This is the only explanation for a man who led the Oakland Raiders to 5-15 over 2 seasons, spent a year making a hot mess out of Knoxville (okay, that's awesome), only to leave them like a thief in the night for USC.  While there, he completely lost the team & was fired in the most humiliating way thinkable by being dumped at LAX in the middle of the night.

But hey! If you look past the trail of horror that is his head coaching resume'...  If you close your eyes to the blatant recruiting violations & his affinity for hot coeds...  This is actually a genius hire.  He is a relentless recruiter who can help bring the Tide Nation yet another #1 class.  Furthermore, though I haven't seen it, the experts have always been very impressed with his X & O's expertise.  And most importantly, Saban doesn't allow assistants to talk to the media but once every full moon. So there's that.

Personally, I'd have preferred to see someone with a little more character hired, but Saban evidently didn't get my voicemails. So I guess I am just gonna suck it up and punch my ticket for the Lane Train, y'all!!!  At least the 3rd Saturday in October just got intriguing.  Bama has made the Vols their bitch for so long, let's face it... It needs some spice.  I just hope his kid Knoxville (yep. He went there) doesn't catch too much hell in T-Town.

And at the end of the day, this cannot hurt my push to hire Bruce Pearl.  And that's always a good thing. Plus, all you Bama men get to welcome Layla to town...


 Thanks for stopping by, y'all!!! Roll Tide!!! Roll Ki... I'm sorry but that's gonna take another martini to type out.




Comments

  1. Week after week I read your posts and am amazed at the writing talent, wit and flat out good information. You should write for ESPN, USA Today, Sports Illustrated or somebody. For real! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Mrs. Karen!!! I've had so much fun doing it!!! Big hugs....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Recruitment of Elisha Shaw

Iron Bowl Problems

Rammer Jammer~A Video Diary