5 Reasons Why I'm Pulling For FSU Tomorrow



Tomorrow night, the Bama nation will have a very big decision to make.  Who to pull for in the final BCS National Championship game...  I admit, to my own surprise, I've struggled a bit over this decision.  Let me be clear. My struggles have NOTHING to do with being loyal to the SEC.  I hate 90% of the teams in the SEC & I'd be willing to bet that an even greater percentage of SEC teams absolutely despise Bama.  I am a Bama fan. I am NOT an SEC fan.

Furthermore, I couldn't give 2 shits about wanting the state of Alabama to continue an unprecedented run of 5 straight crystal trophies.  I have to live in this state. Which means I am already sentenced to hear the most obnoxious fanbase in America drop overused one-liners like, "Hey got a second?", for an entire flipping year.  Why should I hope for a win that will only fuel their over-the-top annoying behavior?

I mean, let's be honest.  The auburn fanbase is already the Al Czervik of the college football world.  Yeah, they may be nouveau riche... But they're still the loudmouth sporting the off the rack suit that can't get any respect.  



So I've decided to come up with 5 reasons why we all should be Florida State Seminoles tomorrow night.  I know pulling for someone like Jameis Winston won't be easy for some, myself included.  But hopefully this list will help ease our collective conscience & make us all feel a little bit better about doing the Tomahawk Chop tomorrow night...

Reason #1: The Nick Saban Coaching Tree
FSU's head coach, defensive coordinator, & defensive ends coach all stem from the Nick Saban school of football.  And even though Saban won't be holding up that crystal trophy this year, we can at least take pride that men he thought enough of to be part of his staff will.

Reason #2: The Prayer at Jordan Hare & Kick 6
There's just something that feels so wrong about a team playing for a national championship because of a hail mary throw & an errant kick run back for a touchdown.  I know every championship team has to have some luck but you gotta admit, that's pretty extreme.  And honestly, I'm still a little ticked off that we lost on a fluke play I've never seen before & probably won't ever see again. 

Reason #3:  Recruiting
If you think that having your in-state rival winning the national championship won't benefit them immensely in recruiting, then I suggest you just quit following football right now.  Because you clearly don't 'get it'.  Seriously.  Pulling for auburn to win tomorrow night means you hope they land a kickass recruiting class this year. And that alone should be enough for you to forfeit your Bammer card & be forced to go roll some dang trees in South Alabama.

Reason #4:  2010
There. I said it.  I'm not over the 2010 Iron Bowl.  I cannot envision a loss that could knock that game out of the #1 spot as the most painful game of my life.  Just thinking about it makes me wanna go drop kick a kitten.  That game alone is enough for me to wish them a lifetime of heartache. Trust me when I say that I'd be truly happy if they never won another game.  But even that wouldn't fully erase 2010 from my memory.

Reason #5:  The Auburn Fambly
I seriously hate that fanbase. Are there exceptions? Of course. I have some good friends who are auburn fans. But as a whole, they are the most annoying fanbase in the history of the universe. And it isn't even close.  And a fanbase who went into hiding and wouldn't even show up to support their team last year just doesn't deserve bragging rights.  Furthermore, I know approximately 2 FSU fans.  It's easier to deal with 2 fans than half a state of nutjobs.

There ya have it, folks.  My decision's been made.  It won't be easy.  But tomorrow night I will be tomahawk chopping my butt off.  Screw auburn.



Thanks for stopping by, y'all. Roll Tide! Roll FSU!

Follow me on twitter!!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Recruitment of Elisha Shaw

Iron Bowl Problems

Rammer Jammer~A Video Diary